torn meniscus in a knee surgery or total knee replacement sometimes becomes necessary; The rehabilitation of about seven to eight weeks; By then, all the inflammation, redness or pain will be taken care of; as you can take the weight on the affected leg without pain, you are ready to Bikram (hot) yoga. It is better to go slow in the beginning- after surgery- if there is any sign of redness, swelling or pain, keep in mind that the ice is. Also avoid stretching and bending the legs too far. In Bikram yoga an hour and a half performance is a major challenge, in a room kept at 105 degrees, forty percent level of humidity produced ample sweat to relieve your body of all toxic waste. It also increases the strength and flexibility after knee surgery; and prevent injuries in the future
after rewards Bikram yoga surgery
- strengthens the inner and outer quadriceps
- Strong internal, external, upper and lower muscles support the weak knees
- while the increased blood flow and nutrients to the knee affected
knee fulfillment of yoga
Once knee surgery, one wants to return to a & # 39; s fast lifestyle, it is important that this be cautious. Adopting wrong poses or pushing beyond the limits further endanger the knees. In practice Bikram Yoga, as you are recuperating, keep the following in mind.
- Keep your feet well spaced and aligned. Press down on all four corners of your feet most of the asanas. If your feet will not be in the correct position, your knees could be affected negatively.
- The knee will be in line with your ankles, do not move it over them. This is important, especially for lunges and knee bends. The knee should be directed towards the middle toe. Still fold his legs extended forward, remember to pull up the arches of the feet.
- Some postures of Bikram Yoga requires locking the knees, to refrain after surgery; you can pull the knee-caps, to take up the pose. If you need to hyperextend the knee in a certain pose, do this by making the most of your knees slightly bent position and fold forward positions.
- If you do not open up the hips or fully extended, knees bear extra pressure during most of the standing posture. You must open the front of the hip in a class in order to avoid that this strain of the knee.
Bikram yoga practitioners who underwent knee surgery, particular attention should be paid to perform certain poses. Hero & # 39; It does, if they are not able to pull the right knee ligaments, while done properly, proves useful for the healing of the knees. Triangle pose there is a risk of closing or hyper-extending your knees. Seated Forward Fold-In, bend your knees a little to avoid further damage to the knee. In practice, Child & # 39; and pose a blanket between the buttocks and calves to reduce the strain on the affected knee. Since this branch of yoga places great emphasis on patience, you have to remember to be patient and allow time for the body to heal completely before placing a demanding schedule.